Looking to supercharge? In this installment of Allure Decor’s Spring Blossom Giveaway Series Part 2: NOURISH, I’m sharing some simple personal favorites to improve your health. Along with a diet rich in protein and greens, the following nutritious additions will yield a more nourished YOU:
Hydrate yourself first thing each morning with a warm glass of water, 1/4 squeezed lemon and some honey. Lemon stimulates and cleanses your digestive tract and revs up your metabolism. It’s packed with vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. You’d think lemon is acidic but it’s actually alkaline which helps balance your body’s pH. This daily habit is great for blemish free and glowing skin too! Plus, honey is anitbacterial and antifungal!
If you’ve been trying to quit coffee I’ve got an herbal solution that’s 100% caffeine-free, gluten free, GMO free, bitterness and acid free!
Dandy Tea is made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and rye and packed with over 50 trace minerals which the body uses to help synthesize compounds needed in metabolism… who knew? I know, you’re shaking your head. Dandelion may be considered a weed, but to people all over the world, it’s a highly respected herbal medicine and one of the top six herbs in a Chinese medicine chest.
So when I tried it (1 teaspoon per cup of boiling water, no brewing!), I’ll admit I was skeptical. But it really does taste like coffee and you can adjust its intensity and even try some variations like the recipes for Dandy Mocha Latte, Coconut Latte, Dandy Iced Pumpkin Latte found here.
Whip up a cup of hot Golden Milk:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- honey to taste
* Taken before bed, it will enable you to sleep like a baby! My whole family loves it!
- 2 kiwis
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- handful of spinach and ice
The Hanging Spoon’s Vanilla Bean Green Smoothie with Healing Spices:
- Comment below or follow ALLURE DECOR on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook where you’ll have to LIKE the announcement post (cups of Golden Milk) & share/repost the link for this blog post giveaway with the hashtags #springblossomgiveawayseries and #giveaway.
- Must be over 18 years old & reside in the US so I can ship you your prize.
- Entry cut off Sunday May 3, 2015 at 12 pm EST. One entry per person. Prior winners are ineligible.
- Winner announced Monday May 4th!
See you next week!